Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Frozen Glow by Peter Loughran


OK, I predicted he will come out with something new. But is it good?



I DO NOT KNOW HOW IT WORKS... on the website it says.

- Frozen Glow can be used with any card in the deck.
- Frozen Glow can be used with any brand or deck of cards.
- The cards can be borrowed.
- Frozen Glow can be instantly repeated.
- There is no card force, it is a free choice.
- There is no switch of any kind.
- Frozen Glow is easy to do and requires no sleight of hand.
- The performer's hands are shown empty at all times.
- The card can be examined before and after the effect.
- The Lens is fully examinable and never touches the card.
- Frozen Glow can even be done with business cards.
- Capture the light on either the face or the back of any playing card and over top of their signature.
- The light can be captured in any position on the card.
- Frozen Glow will be an unforgettable souvenir for your spectator.

Notice it doesn't say anything about NOT using a stamp to apply some sort of translucent ink/color on the card.

Using my awesome brainpower, taking into consideration all of the "conditions" above and knowing about the Too Perfect Theory, popularized by Rick Johnsson, I'd go for a stamp.

By the way, I have a problem with one condition stated above:
- The performer's hands are shown empty at all times.

Does this mean no cards are held, no card box, no "lens". The video shows different, making this a lie. But I guess "The performer's hands are shown empty at all times, except for all the stuff that is supposed to be there" would be too much of a statement, for it could lead to making up a theory how exactly the stamp is stamping the card.

Again, I do not know how it is done. I used intuition. I might be wrong. And honestly I hope I am. Because if I am right, Peter would have created another brilliant masterpiece of crap.

No comments: