Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Introducing MYSELF!

Hi Folks, Barry Solayme here!

I thought it was time this blog got a touch of class: Solayme style. Now most of you will know me already from my many books on magic (if not THEN BUY THEM NOW!!!), and my long running monthly magazine, 'Armageddon'.

I've been in the business longer than you people have been alive, and I think it's fair to say that I've influenced all the greats, from Hofzinser through to Blaine. And they haven't always given me credit.

Now I promised Roland I wouldn't go stirring up any bitterness, but let's just say there's a guy over in Sweden who should be watching his back...

Anyway, more of that another time. For now, I'm just saying "Hello WMF", and I look forward to sharing my wisdom and reminisces from time to time. After all, not many people actually 'knew' Erdnase (least of all Wesley James, that goddam hippy). But here's a clue: if you take S.W. Erdnase, mix the letters up, take some away, then add some more, well... it spells BARRY SOLAYME!! Just a little hint.

Keep practicing,

BS

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha you remind me of somebody... :D

Roland said...

Well, welcome to the team. May your wisdom and charisma add class, elegance and humbleness to this blog.

Barry Solayme said...

Thanks Roland, it's good to be here.
And to the guy calling himself Mr Erdnase, which I take as a personal compliment, of course I remind you of somebody!!! ALL THOSE SCHMUCKS WHO"VE BEEN RIPPING ME OFF, THAT'S WHO!!!

BS

Justin said...

You really KNOW, don't you Mr. Solayme?

The Smiling Mule said...

That was a bit below the belt re: Wesley James.

Hippy's everywhere are taking offense.

The Smiling Mule said...

err, hippies?

Barry Solayme said...

Oh sure. The 'lovelies' have come out in force, I see. First off, Justin, YES I DO 'KNOW', BECAUSE IT WAS ME FOR CHRISSAKES!!
And Mr. 'Smiling Mule', it might interest you to know that I published a little effect called 'Grinning Donkey' a long time before that Scotch drink of water , Walton, ever even thought of his little trick!!! I got a score to settle with that Highland beauty...

BS

The Smiling Mule said...

Trick dammit, trick.

Barry Solayme said...

Okay Mr Mule, so now I don't know EFFECT from TRICK?? The EFFECT of MY TRICK is a little too similar to be a COINCIDENCE!!! Sure, that Scotch Haggis took out some of the dealing and shuffling from my original TRICK, but it's still theft where I come from!! Like I said to Dorothy Parker "You can lead a horse to culture but you can't make it reason!" She changed it for the worse, but I'm sure you get the picture Mr Mule.

BS

Tom said...

I believe Al Koran came up with an trick in the late 40's which he called El Burro Risueno. Didn't you publish it in Armageddon Barry?

Barry Solayme said...

I don't remember. It was a long time ago.

BS

The Smiling Mule said...

Mr Baconrasher would beg to differ.

Aroon Deep said...

Welcome!