Tuesday, June 21, 2011
It's Kieler Woche Baby! Again!
I am doing "Kieler Woche" right now. Basically it is like Oktoberfest only with ships, boats and lot's of water. It's a whole week of crazy opportunities to make money. And that what I am doing this whole week.
The weather is very unpredictable, there is sun for a moment and then boom... rain. So you gotta be ready to fill the "sun phases".
So here a a few rules I learned within three days:
- Never leave the pitch! Seriously, if the sky clears up you don't wanna spend five minutes walking through the masses of people just to reach your pitch.
- Have a freaking sign that says "Magic Show"! Saves you a lot of explaining.
- Doing more tricks is not equal to making more money! I tried. I got the same ammount of money doing less, saving me time to do another show.
- Reset... after the show you better be ready to start all over again, as getting a crowd is the easiest then.
- If your crowd gets big too quickly, you better stop your pathetic card trick and move to the bigger stuff.
- If you have a good pitch, guard it with your life and do not, DO NOT suggest it to your magic buddies.