Monday, April 4, 2011

Dodd Vickers



It is April. In celebration of this blogs two year existence, the whole month will be winner time. Only the coolest and best members of our elite circle of nerds will be featured.

Today: Dodd Vickers!

Dodd Vickers is a magician from Atlanta. I have never seen him work, so I cannot tell if he is a good magician or not. But I have heard him a lot. To those not in the know, Dodd Vickers has a podcast (among others) called Magic Newswire - The Spirit of Magic Podcast. And there he does interviews with all the big names in magic. And all are free to listen to. He has been doing these interviews regularly since 2008. (To my knowlegde)

One on my personal favourites interviews is the one with Persi Diaconis (click the Name to listen to) This is great to listen to. I don't like math but for some reason this interview made me take out my card and practice the perfect faro.

If it weren't for Dodd Vickers, this interview would have never been made. And it is so well done. As all of them are. In fact I dare to say that Dodd Vickers has done the magic world a favour that the magic world can hardly pay back. That is why he is a winner and why he needs to be in the magic hall of fame.

Thank you Dodd for making these, we appreciate your effort!

PS. I got all interviews on my Ipod (nothing else, as it takes up all the space) and each time I go by bus or by train I listen to another fantastic interview.

PPS. Dodd, I listened to some other podcast (Morning Stream with Scott Johnson and Brian Ibbott which is totally not related to magic) and you called into the show... talk about crossing the streams. It was a weird day.

No comments: