Sunday, April 10, 2011

Bernard Bilis



It is April. In celebration of this blogs two year existence, the whole month will be winner time. Only the coolest and best members of our elite circle of nerds will be featured.

Today: Bernard Bilis!

The French magician Bernard Bilis gets not enough love from the magic world I think. I was introduced to him in two ways. One was from is contributions to the books "Apocalypse" and "Best of Friends" where I learned to read his name but never heard his name. And the second way I got to know him was seeing him in action during those "Le Plus Grand Cabaret Du Monde" - Shows. There I heard his name, but didn't know how to write it.



Naturally I did not put one and one together. I took me 5 years until I finally realized that both are the same person.

Anyways, Bernard Bilis is an excellent performer who does classic magic. Mainly close up magic. Most of the plot you have seen before and some of the props you might recognize lying in you bottom drawer. But he is able to actually do tiny changes to those store bought tricks to makes them good and his own.



I feel he needs a mention during this month. Take a look at those videos. My French sucks big time, I hardly understand anything those guys say in the videos. Yet I am entertained. And that speaks of a certain class of performer. A winner class.

No comments: